- Sakowski, D. and Shapiro, S. (2022), The Carbon Neutral Visiting Initiative: Tackling Carbon Emissions from Transportation To Your Museum. New England Museums Now, Vol 9, Number 1, https://nemanet.org/nemn/fall-2022/carbon-neutral-visiting-initiative/#
- Shapiro, S. and Sutton, S. (2022), Cultural Heritage Resources in Climate Action. Parks Stewardship Forum, Vol 38, Issue 3, https://doi.org/10.5070/P538358975
- Shapiro, S. and Sutton, S. (2022), For Our Children, the Planet, and Our Budgets: Museums Learn to Manage Energy. Association of Children’s Museums Hand to Hand, 24. https://childrensmuseums.org/2022/03/17/for-our-children-the-planet-and-our-budgets-museums-learn-to-manage-energy
- Sutton, S. (2022), The Anthropocene Isn’t Just for Scientists: The Potential for Humanities Resources to Document Climate Change. Anchorage Museum Chatter Marks, Issue 5: 23. https://www.anchoragemuseum.org/media/23114/am_cm_issue5_final-1.pdf
- Shapiro, S., (2017), We Are Still In: A look at how the cultural institutions sector has responded to the US withdrawal from the Paris Agreement. Museum, July/August.
- Sutton, S.W., Wylie, E., Economopoulos, B., O’Brien, C., Shapiro, S. and Xu, S. (2017), Museums and the Future of a Healthy World: “Just, Verdant and Peaceful”. Curator, 60: 151-74. https://doi.org/10.1111/cura.12200
- Pacifico, M., Ellis, R., Linden, J., Sutton, S., Xu, S. (2016), Achieving Competing Goals. Papyrus. https://www.iamfa.org/papyrus-articles-and-authors
- Sutton, S. (2015), Environmental Sustainability at Historic Sites and Museums. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers/AASLH. https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780759124158/Environmental-Sustainability-at-Historic-Sites-and-Museums
- Sutton, S. and Olgay, V. (2023), The Frankenthaler Climate Initiative: Supporting Clean Energy and Energy Efficiency at Visual Arts Institutions. Papyrus. 31-33.
- Sutton, S. (2014), The Green Nonprofit: The First 52 Weeks of Your Green Journey. CharityChannel Press.
- Sutton, S. and Wylie E. (2013), The Green Museum: A Primer on Environmental Practice, Second Edition. AltaMiraPress. https://rowman.com/isbn/9780759123243
- Shapiro, S. (2012), A Greener Tomorrow: Museums Take Steps Toward Sustainability. Museum (July/August).
- Wang, H., Safer, D. L., Cosentino, M., Cooper, R., Van Susteren, L., Coren, E., Nosek, G., Lertzman, R., Sutton, S. (2023), Coping with eco-anxiety: An interdisciplinary perspective for collective learning and strategic communication. The Journal of Climate Change and Health, 9, 100211. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joclim.2023.100211
Sutton, S. (2022) UCLA/Getty Program’s Distinguished Speaker Series: Cultural Heritage and Climate Change: D(d)iplomacy for Neighbors and Nations. To view the recording, click here. For more information about the program, click here.